Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Decisions, decisions

For the first time in three years, my wasband and I are finally going to receive our tax return money! No more government agencies seizing it to pay a debt we had fallen off paying.

So under the advice of my super awesome financial planner/advisor, I am taking a portion of said return and gifting it to myself as play money. There are only two rules, I can not spend it on a bill or debt.  I can not save it, it must be spent. It must be spent on something that makes me feel good. Somehing that brings me some joy. Aargh! Such a  hard decision to make right now, when just breathing brings me joy. I am happiness from the moment I wake up until I close my eyes. I am finally alive.  In this new incarnation of life, delighted by the simplest of things. So what do I do?

I did consider taking a trip. Like a full out vacation to some semi-exotic/island location. A place where I can truly forget my troubles, lounge around naked, have a love affair, and big drinks served in coconuts with tiny umbrellas. This place must also not require a passport, as I do not have one right now. I considered visiting family in Vegas, Miami, LA, Canada, or the US Virgin Islands. All very great options. The downside is having to miss work. Being that I will soon be moving to a new place, I need all the incone I can make.

That leaves me with things I can do here. Like a spa day. I am much in need of a massage. I can go for a facial, maybe a mani/pedi to prep for the spring. Get my hair done by a professional.. OmG!! Its been forever since I've been to a salon..

I also considered beginning my next tattoo or finishing the half-sleeve I started four years ago. The estimates I got when looking for an artist are approximate to the allocated fun money budget. I would feel happy to have a new piece of art for summer. It would definitely be healed in time. The downside? None really, unless you count the copious amounts of weed I will have to smoke to get through the five hour sessions.

I also considered furniture or decorating my new room, however, I included furniture into moving costs. There goes that idea.

Then there is my need to restock my earring supplies. The business must be maintained. But even then, those supplies come no where near how much I have in the fun budget. I'd have too many art supplies at that point. And I already have just about every color acrylic & oil marker under the sun in varying sizes. And I know what you're thinking. I could replace my beloved Betty (may she rest in pieces). That had also been factored into the necessary business expenses, along with a laptop & business cards. What else is there?
There is my kids. But they too have their own fun budget in place. Moneys to be set aside for their clothing, our fun days out, even the beginnings of college funds for them both. Besides, they are a constant responsibility. Objectively, they would fall into the debt catagory. Though I can never spend enough on/with them to repay the universe for what they  give me.

Hmmm.. Who knows. Maybe I should have spent it on that big showcase, opening for M.O.B. Naaah.. I'm not about that life. Whatever I decide, I'm already happy.

Love & Light,

C. Joi Sanchez
www.jsanschez.wordpress com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value the opinions of others.. please share yours. Thank you for reading